Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Floral Inspiration Boards


I recently reached out to contact a local florist who I know personally and started looking at and thinking about the floral landscape of our big day!

In our save the dates, which will be coming out soon, I created a floral boarder that is in the background including flowers that were meaningful to Ben and I as a couple and fulfilled a symbolism that was true to us and our relationship. I want to consider these factors with my bouquet as well, but recognize that a lot depends on what is in season.

Overall, to match the color palette we have chosen, I think I want to stick to lush greenery, silver-hued greenery, large white blooms, small blue blooms, and very subtle blush tones.

I've always loved the look of flowers with draping, soft petals: so tender and romantic! Dahlias, peonies, gardenias, lilies of the valley, magnolias, and honeysuckle are a few of my favorites!

I know that I would love a cascading bouquet that is soft and lush. I tend to veer away from blooms or bouquets that appear to "pointy." I love the tumbling greenery!


As far a bridesmaids, I'm thinking super simple. 1-2 blooms plus 1-2 sprigs of greenery. Easy, simple, elegant.

For decor and centerpieces, I still want to incorporate more blue blooms into the look. I don't think tall centerpieces are our style, but I just love how they drape!


It has been so fun to start thinking about how everything will look on our big day! We've been working out logistics and scheduling, food and music, but to actually take a moment to think about the scenery has been such a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment