Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Save the Dates - Scripted, Sealed, Delivered!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm so excited to share that our Save the Dates have been scripted, sealed, and delivered! After lots of preparation and plenty of drafts, I finally settled on a design and just did the darn thing!

I featured our slate blue accent color and drew a floral frame featuring flowers that either held significance to us as a couple or had a symbolic meaning that is important to us: honeysuckle, violets, thyme, yarrow, edelweiss, and chamomile.


I carefully scripted our names and "Save the Date" in a fancy, flourishing script and used a more standard script for the rest of the information.


I'm really happy with how they turned out!

Then came the envelopes!


I practiced a TON and developed two different modern style scripts to use for these special bits of paper!


The first was a bouncy, modern style in my homemade Wendy Script. These have a more whimsical feel to them, and I really like the effect of bouncing past the baseline of the letters!


For spacing and legibility, I also did some of the envelopes in a similar script with a more clear baseline. The form of the letters themselves are essentially the same, i just don’t dip down below the baseline unnecessarily. This gives the envelopes a more structured, formal feeling, while still being modern and flowing.


I got some pretty floral postage stamps...


And got to use our custom address stamp plenty of times!


It was fun stuffing the envelopes and I even included an information card with our wedding website and a link to this blog!


It was such a full and fun process and I loved every minute of it!


It was really fun and meaningful to craft these special bits of paper myself! Now on to the invitations!

No comments:

Post a Comment