Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Dress Shopping: Appointments in NYC!


I was up in NYC for a few weeks over the summer and had the chance to do a few private bridal appointments. I chose two boutiques that featured many designers that I love and I trekked out to find a dress I love!

The first boutique in Manhattan had many options and I was quite overwhelmed by the number of dresses I ended up LOVING at this stop. It was a bit of a chore to awkwardly have to explain, "no, so sorry, I can't buy today before I've done a fitting with my mom and bridesmaids," but I understand day-of buying is the name of the game in the wedding dress industry, so I tried not to let that effect my experience. There were some gorgeous options that caught my eye, but there wasn't one that really stuck out to me as a top-contender.

I love a good, lacy train!
The second boutique was deep in Brooklyn, and being such a wonderful place to shop on my own! The woman who was helping me was capable, comfortable to talk to, and really listened to what my preferences were. I always thought I'd want a super densely-lacy wedding dress, but the lady helping me helped me realize that more sparse, delicate lace details is what I prefer more so. It felt like shopping with a good friend. I found two dresses that are my two favorites that I've tried on so far... I'm so excited to have a few "keeper" options in my mind!

I loved getting to romp around the city and try on dresses, have dinner with friends, and experience the energetic vibes of NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment