Monday, November 6, 2017

Dress Appointments Round Four!

I had the extreme pleasure of going to a few more bridal appointments with my maid of honor! We trekked down to Franklin together and had a great time chatting, comparing dresses, and going out to lunch!

The first boutique was called Fabulous Frocks. The woman helping us out was very knowledgeable and had clearly looked over my preferences and inspiration photos. She knew exactly which gowns to pull and had plenty of options that were within my budget.


There ended up being one dress in particular that I was gravitating towards. It was really simple, feminine, and youthful. BUT, since we had another appointment to go to in the afternoon I decided to wait to make a decision.

We went to lunch at Tupelo Honey and both enjoyed some colorful, flavorful avocado toasts. We also may have ordered the mega-mimosas...


We chatted and caught up for about an hour before heading over to the second and final appointment of the day. The boutique was called The Spoiled Lady, and it was just around the corner!

This place had so many dresses to choose from and I enjoyed getting to sort through all of the options with my maid of honor. We chose four favorites quickly and then I got to trying them on!

One of the dresses was completely covered in an elaborate floral lace. This was the kind of dress I'd been picturing for YEARS: elegant lace, form-fitting, dramatic, with a little bit of sparkle to it! BUT, I can hardly believe I'm saying this, it just wasn't right. If I had four dresses throughout our wedding day, the one that I found would definitely be one of them: the show-stopping glamour dress that I could wear to make a big impression on the dance floor. But, for something like our ceremony it just didn't feel right. I don't know if my taste has changed or if what I thought I wanted has been a bit off for all of these years, but I've got a clearer idea with every appointment of what I'm looking for!

I'm so grateful for all of my sweet friends and family who have come along on all of my appointments so far. I haven't made any decisions yet, but it's been such a joy to share these experiences with the people I love. I'm cherishing every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment