Saturday, January 20, 2018

Here’s to 2018!

I absolutely can’t pass up sharing my special New Year’s celebrations (even though, I realize, it is a little belated)!

First off, feeling especially domestic from the holidays and from a book that I recently bought (“All in Good Taste” from Kate Spade), I decided to spend some time reorganizing and sprucing up the house! With many new Christmas goodies, this was not a difficult task!

I tackled our bookshelf first. I displayed all of our wedding planning things, cookbooks, new recipe box, and some special serveware, both old and new!


I also made a cute little display in the bathroom with several gifts and cosmetic products arranged just so.


I won’t bore you with my other mini-projects, but all of this domestically-motivated inspiration was brought to a head when my future-maid-of-honor asked me to host a pre-NYE-party-party / birthday-get-together for her! I was thrilled and got straight to work!


Because of the short notice I decided to throw together a few simple snacks and sips. We had champagne, a hot cocoa bar, and stovetop popcorn! A little bit shabby chic (the new Kate Spade book surely inspired me!).
(popcorn aftermath) 
For me, party planning includes lettering, of course. I made sure to label all of the mugs for the hot cocoa station...


And “champagne glasses” (aka cute jars because I didn’t have nearly enough champagne glasses for the occasion)!


I made some festive signs and displays....
(the pearls are my favorite detail) 
...put out our most festive, black and gold decor...


...and set the mood with lots of candles!


I even made a little Hot Toddy gift package for the lady of the evening! It was fun to put together the instructions and gather all the supplies: a flask of bourbon, a lemon, a bunch of black and chai teas, a petite jar of honey, and some spicy garnishes (cinnamon stick, whole cloves, allspice berries, and candied ginger).


I wore my most garish gold sequined skirt (an old hand-me-down from a friend), lit all the candles, and got ready for the guests!


We ended up having a great time. It was just the right setting to spend time and laugh together! Our fish were very hospitable, and everyone seemed to have a good time before heading off to the more involved parties.

I was so happy to be able to host everyone! Afterwards I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I stayed home with Ben and we did our own private countdown at midnight. I got a little teary as we listened to a classical rendition of “Auld Lang Syne” and watched fireworks out the front door.

2018 is a big year for us. Many exciting things ahead and I’m so glad to have some great people by my side for it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment