Saturday, January 27, 2018

I Ordered my Wedding Dress!!!

There’s never a good time to just sit down and do the thing that you’ve been obsessing about for weeks, thinking about regularly for a few years, and dreaming about since you were a little girl... but I’ve done it; y’all, I ordered my wedding dress!


Well.... I’ve set the wheels in motion for getting it made. I’m working with a fairly new custom wedding dress company called Anomalie. The whole premise of the company is cutting out all of the middle men and designer titles that send wedding dress prices through the roof. They work directly with the manufacturers and make sure you are part of every moment of the process.


I had a design consultation call about a month ago with my Anomalie stylist and we went through a collection of inspiration photos I had uploaded to my online “look book,” as well as all of my accompanying hyper-detailed captions. I even notated things on the photos themselves, with arrows indicating where I think the neckline should cut, how the drape should fall, things I liked or didn't like about the dress in the photo, etc. It seems like you can be as specific or as broad as you’d like (I was QUITE specific).

I’ve also commissioned them to design my veil! Since I’ve looked at so many bridal inspiration photos, I feel like I’ve gotten really specific (a nice word here for “picky”) about what I’m looking for.

Next, came the actual ordering and payment. Once that was officially done, they sent me fabric swatches in the mail and put me in touch with a local tailor to go get some measurements taken.

I don’t want to reveal which fabrics I’m working with specifically (my fiance is a regular reader, sweet man!), but I can show you a shot of the inner lining of the dress. All of the fabric samples came on these cute little cards, with a hand written note from my stylist (also a Rebecca), and little gummy candies as well! After thinking it over pretty obsessively for about a week, I made my selection and notified my stylist.


In the meantime, I went into the local tailor and got my measurements taken. All of these final decisions on how long the skirt will need to be got me thinking about my shoes... but that’s a story for another post (stay tuned!).

My stylist sent me several photos of different kinds of lace and I am able to select exactly where and how they are used! I love how hands-on the process is!

And on one rainy afternoon, after a long day of dancing and an evening of teaching ahead, I got a momentous, exciting surprise that brightened my whole day: my design sketch! I wish so much that I could share it with you all but I can’t risk my groom-to-be catching a glimpse. I really love what they sketched for me and I am SO excited to continue forward into the production process.

So as of now my dress is officially in production and I will get photos and updates as they begin to construct the dress! I’m so excited to see my dress come into existence! I’ll be sure to keep you all posted every step of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment