Sunday, February 4, 2018

Latest in Lettering: Our Invitation Suite!

Invitation designs have begun! I have been looking forward to this aspect of wedding planning/designing for such a long time! I’ve been doing a lot of traveling lately but ALWAYS pack my calligraphy supplies so I can stay in practice as much as possible! I’ve been perusing different ideas for a long time now and have acquired some supplies to see if my dream DIY invitation suite is possible!

My taste hasn’t really changed since I was dreaming up ideas back in February 2017 with my post, “Wedding Stationary Inspiration.” Our wedding accent color is still blue, but I’ve broadened the palette to slate blue, French blue, AND sky blue! I love the range!

Click to view my wedding paper inspiration on Pinterest! 

I worked really hard on writing out all of the detail text, saving the larger, flourishing text for last. I was so excited when I arranged all of it together digitally: there’s a chance this may in fact look pretty professional after all (I really need to stop doubting myself)!



Next up is to start practicing with the ink that I’m going to use for the envelopes and finish designing some more aspects of our invitation suite! I’m so excited for it all and will be sure to fill you in as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment