Thursday, February 15, 2018

Bridal Shoes and Accessories!

Now that things with my dress are underway, I’ve started thinking about my other bridal accessories. Anomalie is doing my veil, I’ve got my necklace figured out, I’ll be wearing some incredible earrings that Ben got me, I’ve got a “borrowed” bracelet figured out, and have even ordered a plant-dyed silk bouquet ribbon! I’m considering my hair and makeup options, and that just leaves my bridal shoes (at least I hope that’s it and I’m not forgetting something)!

I know I’m going to sound really ritzy saying this, but I’m also going to get my shoes custom made! I know, I know, it’s SOOOO lavish of me to have everything custom done, but the way I see it is 1) I only get married once, so I might as well go for it, 2) I’ve done SO much research that I’ve gotten very particular about what I’m looking for that I'd like to have some say-so in the process, and 3) I’m paying for EXACTLY what I’m looking for, rather than something that is almost what I want!


I started by choosing a shoe base and have been mulling over color options. I finally decided, after lots of time spent staring at internet photos, to order some fabric swatches to be sure I could choose the color with certainty.

Since out accent color is blue I figured I'd make my shoes blue too!
I sorted through countless embellishment options: lace, crystal brooches, pearls, glitter, appliqués, you name it! I wrote out in columns all of the bases and colors, and then listed which embellishments were available for each. I think I’ve finally landed on something I love!


I absolutely love making everything about our big day so personal! Taking time to really consider each detail personally has been such a sweet experience, and I am so excited to see everything come together in the next few months! Thanks for coming on this journey with me, those of you who are reading this! Your support means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment