Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Latest of Lettering: Sending Out Some Snail-Mail Gratitude and Greetings

After our successful engagement photo shoot, I decided to take some time to send out a few thank you notes for people who had helped me over the last few months. I took this opportunity to practice the script I plan to use for our Save the Date envelopes.

I decided to go with something a little more free and modern for the save the dates, since they're not quite as official / "pomp-y" as the invitations. Here's an example:


I haven't decided whether I want the script to be a little more bold, or stay on the lighter side...


I used my staple foiled "Thank You" cards this time. Gotta love that shine!


I've also been getting in a lot of practice lately. I'm trying to teach myself copperplate, but let me tell you it is NOT easy. I usually practice the same phrase over and over again just to try to gain a LITTLE bit of consistency...


After a long, regimented practice session, I usually end up treating myself to some flourishing. Gotta love a sweet, swoop-y tail!


ALSO, I made a simple birthday card for a far-away friend: white ink on silver card.


I had some fun with the envelope too, quick and simple.


AND, in the process of looking for this address, I uncovered an old picture of a card / envelope that I sent last fall. It's amazing, but just from this little shot, I can see how much my pointed-pen calligraphy ("toi toi toi") has improved (not so much with my above block lettering...still much work to do on that!)!


It's been fun to get to practice a little more consistently these days! Still not as often as I'd like, but hey, life is crazy!

All the best! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment