Saturday, March 4, 2017

Photoshoot Update!

Finally an update! (sorry y'all, life has been crazy!)

Ben and I had our engagement shoot this past weekend and it couldn't have been better! Our sweet friend, David, made us feel right at home in front of the lens... or at least as much at home as we can be in circumstances that are pretty out of the ordinary. Ben and I kept a stream of absurd conversation the entire time, so I'm sure there will be a lot of shots with me laughing!

The day before our shoot, I went out shopping. I had originally planned to rent a dress, but the cost ended up being too high because by the time our shoot was confirmed it would have required same-day shipping. SO I just took it as an excuse to get a new dress!

I knew I definitely wanted something classic and classy. White, black, pink, or blue were sort of my color ideas: white because bride, black because classic, pink because feminine, or blue because it's the best (in my opinion...plus "something blue"). Here's my original inspiration board that I made for myself for this shoot:

 

After 5 hours of walking around the mall, deliberating, and trying things on, I ended up going with the first dress I'd tried on! It was a perfect mix of classic and unique. Black AND white, and with a nice lace overlay - the type of thing that I love but Ben usually doesn't like, but he really DID in this case! Couldn't pass that up!

Here were my outfits for the day: one fancy, one casual.


We ended up being outside in downtown Nashville for most of it: in a pillared plaza in front of the capitol, on the sidewalk outside the Hermitage Hotel, in an alleyway, and on the pedestrian bridge at the riverfront.

I absolutely can't wait to get them and share them with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment