Friday, April 7, 2017

Creating a Beautiful Home: The Latest Office / Studio Update

Spring is here and for the first time that I can remember the change of seasons actually made me WANT to do some cleaning up around the house. I decided that in the best way I can do right now (given our home and current budget), I want to create a bright, classic, clean space to come home to. In the past, domestic organization has always been purely functional for me. However, I'm finding more and more that it affects me in a really positive way to come home to a concisely-arranged living space.


I decided to first settle down and work on the office. Ben and I bought some wire bakers racks a few months ago and I've finally figured out a way to organize all of my calligraphy supplies, wedding planning materials, and other crafty things in a way that makes sense. I reorganized and labeled all of the plastic drawers I had: "Tape and Glue," "Paint and Ribbons," "Knick Knacks," "Stamps," "Stencils," "Stickers," etc.


Something that has been so helpful in getting our entire house organized has been gathering lots and lots of containers. I invested in some baskets, recently received some office storage boxes, and dug up some old retail boxes that were pretty enough to put on display: a Kate Spade box, a Laduree macaroon box, etc. Do you think Tiffany's would let me buy a few of their retail boxes too? ;)


One of my most exciting office additions recently has been this adorable little desk! A friend of mine is moving to New York and, knowing my calligraphy obsession, offered it to me last week! It is so quaint and cozy: perfect for my miniature office space!


Having fresh greenery around the house lately has been such a welcoming addition to our home life. It really makes the whole space feel fresh.

I'm so excited to continue with this project all around the house, and I can't wait to continue sharing the results! Until next time! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment