Sunday, April 30, 2017

Our First Engaged Easter!

I can't believe that in the chaos of the last few weeks I forgot to write about our Easter festivities! Better late than never, I suppose!



When Ben and I realized that he was going to be working on Easter morning, we were so sad that we weren't going to be able to visit his parents to celebrate with them! We always have such a lovely time hanging out with his folks. Realizing this together, Ben asked what sorts of traditions we wanted to have as a couple to mark the occasion. I replied with a vague, "I don't know, I haven't really thought about it" and started planning in secret!

I pretended that my only plans were to make a breakfast bake and French macarons to enjoy after Ben got home mid-day. He said that sounded like a good idea, and set the matter aside.

Not perfect in form, but light and delicious!
Early Easter morning I woke up and started prepping the breakfast bake. I chose a simple recipe with hashbrowns, onions, eggs, bacon, cheese, and biscuits. Oh so delish!

Somewhat...ahem...crispy

I rushed to the store and picked up supplies for an egg hunt and then made a cute little calligraphy card. I donned some bunny ears (that I already owned, oddly enough) and hid candy-filled eggs all around the house. Reeses, Hershey's eggs, and Rolos were our sweet treats this year!

I also thought it would be funny and cute to put some eggs in the fishtanks. Buddy didn't know what to think!



I put together a little Easter display table to welcome Ben home, put on a dress and some jewelry, and made the macarons. Everything was ready to go by the time Ben got home!


He was so surprised and grateful. He said he hadn't seen it coming at all and thought it was one of the very sweetest things I'd ever done for him! He found all of the eggs and we ate together, all smiles and gratitude.

We ended up going for a short hike in Percy Warner park in the late afternoon. It was a beautiful, sunny day: not too hot, not too cold. We had a really lovely, fun, and special day. I'm so glad we have set up some small traditions for ourselves and can't wait to make more with my sweet guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment