Thursday, May 18, 2017

Dress Shopping Appointment #1 (of many)


Y'all. Getting to try on wedding dresses for the first time was A BLAST. I was definitely looking forward to dress shopping, but was so amazed by how affected I was by the experience!

First off, my Mom came into town for Mothers' Day weekend and we decided to do some wedding related things together: lots of discussing and planning, a stop at a local florist, and of course my bridal appointment.

From the moment we walked up to the boutique, I knew, based on the dresses displayed in the window that I would definitely find a few options that would fit my taste. We perused the selection and my preferences became very clear very quickly: soft lace details, a streamlined aesthetic (no ballgowns for me!), and classic, clean lines.

When it came to trying on the dresses, I was surprised to find that I ended up liking a lot of the dresses! I really thought I'd be the type of bride that would say "no," "no," "no," to every dress that wasn't THE one, but now I have the possibly more daunting (but also possibly more fun) task of narrowing things down from a wider selection than I expected!

I ended up trying on several dresses and narrowed down my favorites to two! At one point during the fitting the woman helping me went all out and tossed an extra skirt on the dress and a veil on my head! Wow I was so amazed by how much this REALLY made me feel... I don't know... shiny! That's definitely not the right way to put it, but I can say I wasn't expecting to react so strongly to the experience of trying something on!

Don't worry, this isn't going to be THE dress, so this picture isn't a big reveal or anything! Love the little lace details and the shiny trim to this veil!
It was a great start to the process of finding my dress and I can't wait to coordinate my future bridal fittings with all those who love and support me!

No comments:

Post a Comment