Monday, March 19, 2018

Crafting Our Vow Folios!

I’m so excited to share my most recent DIY wedding project. Our invitations and custom monogram have been in the works ALL this time, but a shorter-term project was crafting our vow folios!


I liked the idea of having several loose cards to help brainstorm and facilitate multiple vow drafts, so I looked up some crafting tutorials online. I found this collaboration tutorial between Shasta Bell Calligraphy and Esther Clark Co., and fell in love with the look and texture of these beautiful invitation folios!

Check out their gorgeous tutorial here! 

I got to work gathering supplies. I headed over to the craft store and found some white duck canvas, Elmer’s craft glue, and photo-matting board from the framing section of Jo-Ann’s. It felt a bit sturdier than the chipboard they had on hand.

Upon arriving home, I unpacked the plant-dyed silk ribbon that I got from The Poetry of Silk for my bridal bouquet. I thought this would be a nice touch for such a special wedding day prop!

Look at that beautiful ribbon! Click to view "The Poetry of Silk" website!

I got to measuring, cutting to size, and gluing and got the whole project finished in under two hours!

I’m so happy with how they turned out. They are very sturdy feeling and I love that the canvas has a nice texture to it. I feel very proud of my meticulous handiwork!


As I said earlier, the inspiration and instructions that I used for these folios is from a collaboration between Shasta Bell Calligraphy and Esther Clark Co.. Let me know if you make your own! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment