Monday, March 19, 2018

Our Ceremony Music

A really sweet aspect of planning our wedding has been considering the ceremony music with great care.


My sweet friend, who is a stellar pianist, has agreed to play for our ceremony! I am so excited to have someone who I feel so close to there to musically usher us in with her beautiful playing. Once we figured out that we would be able to have a piano for our ceremony, I got to choosing the tunes!

I’ve got a pretty clear idea of what I want to walk down the aisle to, but there is still prelude music, processional music, a possible interlude, and the recessional to consider!

I was able to find both my parents’ and Ben’s parents’ wedding ceremony programs and look up all of the hymns and tunes that they used. I put together a big playlist of all of those musical selections, a few classics, and some other favorites of mine. I was teary-eyed several times when compiling the list of songs while listening through each tune!


One evening, Ben and I cozied up on the bed and listed to the playlist, making notes on which tunes we preferred and which ones felt like they would fit our special day. We settled on three or four prelude songs, a family processional song, groom’s and wedding parties’ procession tune, and a recessional.

It was a very sweet time together, and I feel happy that we figured out a way to include a selection from each of our parents' weddings. It's those little sentimental details (that no one will probably notice) that makes wedding planning fun for me!

Thus far, much of my focus has been on how our wedding day will look and feel. It was so fun to switch gears and imagine the music that will set the stage and create the ambiance for our special day! I can't wait to share such a wonderful time with loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment