Sunday, March 25, 2018

Bridal Shoe Update!

What a girly blogpost title! I don’t mind stereotyping myself every once in a while.

So you know how I wrote that long, detailed blogpost about how I was getting my shoes custom made? That plan fell through about two days after I wrote that post! It was by no fault of the custom shoe company I was working with; it just didn’t work out because the specific shoe that I was looking at was discontinued from the supplier and was no longer available in the size I needed.

I ordered two samples in the mail, to see if I could fit into two of the sizes they did have in stock, but unfortunately they didn’t seem to fit well enough.

The sample shoes I was hoping to customize... note my overflowing, ugly-dancer toes, and how the crystal trim would have criss-crossed so beautifully in the front! *sigh*
Here’s what I was planning: a 1.25” wedge with light blue satin, crystal trim, and silver glitter all over the wedge! It would have been so glamorous and gorgeous, but unfortunately it was not meant to be. And besides, when you’re having something custom-made you want to make sure you can get EXACTLY what you’re looking for, and that just didn’t end up being the case.

No matter though. I searched incessantly for another similar shoe and found that I actually was feeling more drawn to a simple silver color. The shiny fabric really does make the shoe quite glamorous, and it’s very comfortable to wear! I was definitely glad to be able to re-check this item off my to do list!

Slowly but surely things are coming together! I’ll be sure to keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment