Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Bridal Showers!

There is so much to catch you up on, but I want to start by telling you about two exciting, upcoming events: my bridal showers!


The reason I’m having two showers is because I have a lot of family up in the Midwest that wouldn’t be able to make it all the way down to Tennessee, and lots of Tennessee family that wouldn’t be able to make it up to the Midwest! I’m so excited to have my mother and godmother hosting my Wisconsin bridal shower, and my future mother-in-law and her friends hosting my Tennessee bridal shower!

I knew I wanted both showers to be a little bit on the schnazzy side; it's certainly not everyday a party gets hosted in your honor, so why not?! I know that the Wisconsin shower has a floral theme inspired by my godmother's gorgeous chintz china collection! I've just received my invitation to the Tennessee shower and found out that it is a "Bridal Tea," which sounds very fancy indeed!

Ben took this photo, by the way!
I always thought I’d want to be super hands-on in planning my bridal shower, but I’m actually really enjoying the thought and feeling of having things taken care of as a bit of a surprise!

I’ve been busying myself with figuring out the logistics of helping friends and family figure out accommodations and travel ideas. Because Ben and I have been engaged for almost 18 months already, it’s been a pretty solitary process so far (I've been doing my best so far to not to drive absolutely everyone crazy with my incessant wedding planning!). It’s really really fun to get to reach out to many of the ladies invited to the shower and get them involved in the process a bit!

I couldn’t be more excited! I feel honored to be loved and supported by so many people!

No comments:

Post a Comment