Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Wedding Planning Updated: Only a Few Months Left


I have so many things to update on the blog because things are moving so quickly now that we are in the final few months before the wedding. I’ll fill you in on a few:

First, Ben and I met with our wedding day coordinator and chatted through some details of our day. We almost have our master timeline finished up and got to talk through ideas and suggestions. She is very well organized and plus she has worked with our caterer many times before, so she will absolutely be in-the-know about everything going on with our big day!

We’ve scheduled a few other meet-ups with some of our vendors: a venue walk-through with our coordinator and DJ, a floral supplier walk-through with our florist, and a coffee date and chat with our photographer!

I’ve finally booked my hair and makeup artist and have a trial scheduled with her! I've been very vigilant about my skincare lately and even treated myself to a facial for the first time! It was a lovely spa day and I'm excited for the treat of getting my hair and makeup done professionally on the big day!!

I’ve also been hard at work on our invitations and all of the various design and paper elements that go along with putting the suite together: multiple different stamps and inks, proofs of what our final prints will look like, and addressing each envelope individually with great care! I sent them out only a few days ago and couldn't be more excited. It was a mammoth of a task, but I was so excited to be working on them and have felt so much joy in sharing my hard work!

I’ve done another walk-through of our rental supplier’s showroom, and it was fun to definitively pick our colors and special items! I’ve also been on the lookout every time I have a chance to walk through the mall for a couple remaining special items for our big day.

One of these special items is our toasting flutes! We found some gorgeous crystal flutes on a website that also did engraving. We had these special flutes monogrammed with our married initial and are so excited to use them for our big day!

I’ve taken care of ordering votive candles and small items like that, but I’m trying to put most of my focus into bigger-picture components and vendor communication, as well as more time-pressed tasks.

I’ll keep you all posted every step of the way, and thanks to those of you who read my posts and write me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing about these wedding planning updated coordination. I am planning to attend a bridal event at one of the exquisite wedding venues in LA next month. Saw the advertisements and tempted to see the designer collection. Will ask my friend to accompany me. Looking for some affordable accommodations near to them.

    ReplyDelete