Monday, May 14, 2018

Bridal Shower #1: Bridal Tea in Tennessee!

Y'all, my first bridal shower was a BLAST! Bridal Tea, like British high tea, was the theme, and it was such a dream!

I was able to stay at Ben's parent's house for the weekend, and my mom flew in from Wisconsin (despite a treacherous mid-April Midwestern winter storm!) for the special weekend. We all got to spend lots of time together talking about wedding plans, catching up, and enjoying each other's company. On the morning of the shower, we enjoyed breakfast together and got ready for the event!


I wore a white dress with a delicately intricate lace overlay outlined in black. This is actually the same dress I used for our engagement photos... there's still a little bit of practical Midwesterner in me!


We headed over to the shower and were absolutely captivated by the scene! Everything was laid out so beautifully and so thoughtfully prepared.


We spent some time out on the back porch until everybody showed up...


It meant so much to have my friends from Nashville road trip down for the day!


We ate a delicious spread of food: scones, cheesestraws, tea sandwiches, cucumber nibbles, ham biscuit sandwiches, fresh fruit, chocolate covered strawberries, macarons, lemon-raspberry cupcakes, peach & pear bellinis, and tea of course!


I got to sit in the seat of honor...


...and opened SO many presents!


It was so wonderful to be surrounded by so many wonderful women who support me.


I got several messages and gifts from faraway friends, and it meant so much to be in their thoughts on this very special day.


It was such a treat to be able to spend time with everyone and celebrate this very special time in my life. I couldn't be more grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment