Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Five Whole Years!

I couldn't be more honored to share that Ben and I got to celebrate five years together earlier this month! Rather than from our first date, we technically celebrate our dating "anniversary" on the day that we first said "I love you!"

I ended up buying a card this year, which I believe is a first because I usually love to DIY everything! I was sure to still letter the envelope myself!


I got Ben a nice watch that he was looking at as a wedding accessories. He got me MANY small items, most of which will be displayed and used on our wedding day!

One particularly special gift that Ben got me was a prompted journal to help document our love story! We paged through it together on the couch and got a sense of the scale of our commitment to each other... it was so special!

We got to spend some nice, quality time together at a restaurant that we had never been to before called House of Cards. It's located in downtown Nashville, hidden beneath the Johnny Cash museum, and is set up like a hidden old-time magician's club. Our entrance into the restaurant really set the tone for the night: a descending stairwell lined with stones, leading into a red curtain-lined hallway. Dark mood-lighting, a mysterious air about the place: the atmosphere and ambiance were absolutely top notch!


There was a formal dress code, so everyone was dressed up and fancy. There were two running magic tables throughout the night: sleight of hand card tricks and things like that. They had a photographer roaming around that took your photo and printed it out for you before the end of the night.

The food was yummy, but the scene and entertainment were extraordinary. We were surprised to find out at the end of the night that we ALSO got to go to a more formal magic show in a small theater in the restaurant. The magician was funny and very impressive.

After the show, we sat at the bar and ate dessert, before wandering around and discovering an outdoor terrace. We really felt transported to a different world, and it made our anniversary so special!

I'm so grateful to have this special guy in my life! Truly, he is the best, and I can't wait to marry him this summer! Here's to five years and many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment