Sunday, February 19, 2017

Valentine's Day Baking and Celebration

Now that Valentine's Day is in the past, I can finally let you in on all of the secret things I made for Ben!

First of all, I made a print of the first half of the Prayer of St. Francis. Ben introduced me to this when we first started dating, and it has been our mantra and our goal ever since. We've typed it up and posted it on the fridge, but I figured it deserved a fancier presentation. I designed, sketched, traced, scanned, printed, and finally foiled the quote:


Not bad for my first print! I wanted to make it sort of whimsical and varied.

Next, I baked up a bunch of sweet treats for my guy.
I made French macaroons for the first time ever...


In progress: oh so fluffy!
(equipment and inspiration courtesy of Ben's sweet sister, who just moved to France!)

Chocolate biscotti...


(which I enjoy with my morning coffee from time to time ;) )

And raspberry-filled chocolate candies!

In progress: still had to top 'em with more chocolate

Presentation is so-so, but they sure do taste good!
Feeling grateful for my guy and I love jumping at any chance I get to spoil him with good food and baked goods! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment