Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Celebration and Revelry

So after Ben's big performance at TPAC (which I think he was much more nervous for than I was for my own) we were greeted with an onslaught of congratulations. Almost ALL of his college buddies and their significant others were there, and all of my friends from the company huddled up and did some communal screeching. Hugs all around between the parents, and after about an hour of congrats, screeching, and hugging we packed into an Uber and had a family celebration back at the hotel with a few family friends as well.

Champagne and sparking grape juice were poured, cheese was sliced and spread, fruit baskets were presented, and fancy hummus was swirled. We video-chatted with one of Ben's sisters, and all evening my volume level was at about 300%.


The next morning I got up early and made some important phone calls to extended family and close friends. It was such a relief to sit out on the porch and unwind after a challenging couple of months. And to be sharing the joyous news as well made for a lovely morning.


We met up for brunch at 1808 Grille, with the exception of my parents who had to make the 11 hour trek back to Wisconsin in only one day! Ben and I enjoyed steak and eggs and our family friends gave us a very sentimental Christmas ornament to commemorate the day!


I wore the loose white T-shirt that I wore on our first date back in April 2013, my favorite pair of jeans, a pair of classic nude heels, the diamond post earrings Ben bought for my first birthday with him, a Swarovski tennis bracelet that Ben got me for our 2 year anniversary, a stunning Swarovski necklace he got me for our 3 year anniversary, and carrying the Kate Spade purse he'd bought me for Christmas 2015... plus my ring of course! I was feeling utterly spoiled and symbolic out the wazoo!


All the while I was wondering, could this be real? I mean I've been hoping to be Ben's fiancée for longer than I'd like to admit and suddenly...BOOM it happens.

After the families headed home, we spent the day together at home and then grabbed dinner with a good friend of ours at an Italian restaurant downtown. We went and saw the Nashville Symphony play the soundtrack from Jurassic Park in tandem with the movie playing on a large screen. It was a really fun and unique experience: all of the meaningful or scary moments seemed amplified with the live orchestra. I even saw Ben tear up a little bit when the main theme came in for the first time, and I think I caught a glimpse of 10-year-old Ben For a few moments.

Overall, a weekend of indulgence and enjoyment. I couldn't have asked for a better celebration, a better proposal, or a better man. Gratitude gratitude gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment