Sunday, November 27, 2016

Fall Festivities 2016

I mentioned in my first post that the idea for this blog started with my attempt to make this autumn as "Fall Festive" as possible. I made a checklist of different fall-related activities that I wanted to do and I ended up going above and beyond what I'd originally planned! I figured I'd share a few of the activities here, since I've just completed the last item on my checklist today!

The Checklist

I started of simple, one might even say "basic," getting the traditional Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. I know it's cliche but I couldn't resist. I actually got invited to coffee, specifically at Starbucks that day, by chance!


More basics in place: stocked up on fall spices and produce. I accidentally ended up with three jars of cloves... at least I'm ready!



I also ended up, weeks later, mixing up my own pumpkin pie spice when I realized that I didn't have any!

Homemade / Hand Lettered

A staple fall activity for me is making my traditional pumpkin cookies with a sweet orange zest frosting. The cookies are only mildly sweet on their own, and the orange adds a nice brightness to the pumpkin.


I made sure to enjoy the changing colors...


Got cozy with slow cooker meals, stews, and bonfires with s'mores...

Apple Cider Pork Sandwiches

Autumn Beef Stew

Homemade Veggie Stock


Got a little spooky and a little goofy on Halloween...

(that's my fish's face on the left)



Made a few sips...

Cider Prep

Homemade Cider

Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail

Made the house festive...

(because I'm basically a 4th grade art teacher)
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Candle

Baked to my heart's content...

Fresh Bread from Scratch
Sweet Potato Bread with Brown Sugar Frosting
Pumpkin Pound Cake

And finally today, finishing off my checklist for this gorgeous season, I made my own hot cocoa mix from scratch!


Feeling very glad that I set out to make this autumn special. I don't think I would've done half of these things without setting the goal in the first place. I feel like I could keep going with these but I have to save something for next year! Plus I think it's important to focus in on the upcoming holidays (I haven't bought a single Christmas gift yet!), wedding planning, and time with my man! I know I finish just about every post with this, but only because chronicling things like this highlights it more and more; I really can't believe how much I have to be thankful for.



PS - If you want to see more specifics about each of these photos, check out the captions on my Instagram! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment