Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Treat Yo' Self - A Lady's Day Out

We woke up on Monday and immediately realized that it had been exactly 3.5 years since Ben and I exchanged "I love you's" for the first time! I made coffee and sliced up tasty Bread Basket sweets that had been gifted to us, as well as fresh fruit and some more cheese. We munched and snacked and I started to build a plan for myself for the day.


I figured that all of this hubbub was a good excuse to get my shops on while Ben was at work, and so I spoiled myself for a day. You have to understand, as a frugally-raised lady from the Midwest, it's really hard to let myself buy anything that seems too lavish. My incapacity to buy, even things that are essential to day-to-day life, has gotten better over the years but it's a little tug in the back of my mind whenever I'm at the store.

SO I headed over to the Green Hills area, the best spot for a ritzy-stroll and overspending,  and sat down to respond to the outpouring of congratulations on social media. I then headed over to Paper Source for a few basic stamping supplies. I got a much-needed haircut and then walked around the mall, sporting some swanky boot-heels, purple leggings, and my favorite gray sweater. Especially with a new haircut, I felt like the stereotypical basic rich b****, which was fun to try on for a few hours. I ended up buying a deep-pink / reddish sweater to continue with the theme of rosiness.


AND, once I got to the nail salon (because, I mean, how are you going to take a good engagement ring selfie with naked nail... I am rolling my eyes as i type, but hey, treat yo'self!) I chose a hand lotion called "Roses are Red." I'm all about the accidental turned somewhat-intentional theme-ing and motif-ing!

I decided to go with a classic French manicure, though Ben encouraged a bright red shade. I've always been one to enjoy something a little more subtle and classic; I guess I'm a little too cautious to FULLY commit to the rose theme.

I think it turned out alright anyways! Sweet Ben posed me on the porch in the sunlight and shot/edited the photo.

After an extended-lounge at the nail salons I headed home and cooked dinner: ingredients and recipes provided by the head chef of L'Apron Bleu, of course. ;) A good day of reflection, consumerism, self-pampering, and me time after a challenging and difficult few months. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment